Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm doing this

I started this blog a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant but I got lazy and didn't do anything but thanks to a talk with one of my friends yesterday I was inspired. So Kristin this is for you........

So I guess the best place to begin is the moment I peed on a stick. But let me get to the day leading up to that first. Blake and I were trying but in all honestly I thought it would take a few times so it was a pretty casual attempt. Still after trying I decided to be cautious about drinking alcohol and coffee. I figured I was going to start this mom thing off right. So about 2 weeks before my period was supposed to come I got cramps. Like the ones you get before your period. So I completely 100% thought I was not pregnant so I did what any normal person would do, I went out drinking. I was supposed to get my period on Wednesday and since I'm usually pretty on time I was a little worried but still had cramps so just talked myself into the fact it was just stress and it was late, no biggie. Thursday night rolled around and I went out drinking with some friends. I got a bit drink and kinda joked with my friends that I was late and was probably pregnant. In the morning still no period but I wasn't freaking out yet. It was my friend Jacques that kept asking me if I took a test yet. I lied and said everything was fine but figured I'll just get a test and get it out of the way. So I took my hungover ass to CVS and bought the 3 pack. I figured since we were trying I could save them for later.
So I pee on my stick and immediately a big blue plus comes up. I probably checked the instructions about 100 times to make sure that meant positive. There is no real way to explain the emotions of holy shit I'm hungover and I just took a pregnancy test but holy shit I'm having a baby. I immediately ran and told Sierra who just looked at me like I was nuts. I think I started to cry but I will never be able to describe the emotions. I let an hour or so pass then I took another test just to make sure and same thing, big blue plus. So at this point I just started searching the internet for every bit of information I could find. I had no idea how I was going to tell Blake and how I was going to find a dr. I pretty much spent the rest of the day in research mode, waiting for Blake to get home from work.
I didn't tell him when he walked through the door cause I was too nervous. I had no idea how I was supposed to tell him. I had read all these cute stories on the internet about how people told their husbands but I couldn't even fathom putting anything together. So I was patient through dinner and decided I was going to burst if I didn't let him know. Still not idea what I was going to do I went in the kitchen and noticed a bottle of Apple Cider (thanks to Nick for buying this about 3 years ago) and poured it into champagne glasses and grabbed the 2 test. I walked out to the couch and literally threw the tests on his lap and handed him the apple cider. He looked at me in complete and udder shock. I think as I threw them down I said I was pregnant. I really don't remember, my heart was beating so damn fast. The romance and cuteness was a big zero at this point. I don't know how people make this special. Its the scariest moment ever. So there is was out in the open. I think the best way to describe the feeling was just "holy shit."

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1 year! My husband and I are in our 4th month of trying....its KILLING me! haha.

    ReplyDelete