Monday, November 11, 2013

fall at the beach

Fall, you are one crazy crazy bitch. I mean I'm not going to complain about having a beach day in the middle of november but I would REALLY like to wear some of my boots and sweaters. Olive had Veterans Day off from school so we decided to go to the beach. I honestly didn't think it would be that nice but it was perfect, 74, sunny, and just beautiful. I thought it was best to go solo as Olive is just so much better on her own at the beach. That and I had no idea how Otto was going to do. It was a good call as Otto was awake for about 10 minutes then passed out in my ergo for a couple hours. He barely gets in a 30 min nap at home but if I wear him he takes the longest naps. This gave me plenty of one on one time with Olive. I know I'm home with her all day but sitting down and it just being us is hard. We walked to the rocks, played about a million games, and just wandered the beach and played in the water. It was nice, she was good and listened to me and it wasn't stressful which is a change from our normal days of total chaos. I think we both needed this. No matter what mondays just stress me out. After the high from the weekend and the help from Blake being around I get anxious about what I need to get done in the week and its hard for me to just relax so going to the beach was just what I needed. It's silly, I know but it must be leftover from life before kids when monday was the start of the week, the time to get organized. Guess that crazy never leaves you.

This weekend my mom was around and helped me get so much stuff done. I had a list of stupid shit that I just couldn't manage to get done so I crossed a lot off and damn it feels good. And in the best news ever we got a new couch. If you've been reading this blog for the last few years then you may be smiling with me cause I talked about it so much that is was kinda silly. I feel like I've been shopping for the perfect couch for years but yesterday we walked into West Elm sat on two couches and boom it was ours. Olive was being a shit head and besides waking up Otto she was going crazy in the store so we didn't have much time to ponder this, which is actually good for me. I'm a terrible decision maker so she probably did us a favor. By oh man am I excited!

Otto turned 5 months on saturday. He is officially sitting up. He still gets a little wobble here and there but for the most part he's got it down. He's seems pretty excited about it, mostly because now he can get  his feet in his mouth pretty easy which is super strange to watch. His sleeping is still crappy at night but for the first time in my life I'm not analyzing anything and just going with it. I feel like with Olive I spent so much time with the why of everything and in the end it just is what it is. I get to catch up on all my blogs, pinterest, and anything else being up every couple hours. That's exciting right? Kidding it sucks but this too shall pass. Right right? This age is super fun, maybe my favorite so far. He is starting to show his personality, super cuddly, but not mobile so still my little baby. He is still beyond obsessed with Olive. He pretty much just laughs at her all day and wants to be anywhere she is. It's pretty darn cute.

The 11:00 hour is approaching which means Otto should be waking up so off I go!
My mom bought her this outfit. Its hideous but she LOVES it.


Mint chip for everyone. 



Post nap crazy hair. 


Date night. 

Hammock lounging. I may put him in overalls forever. 


Olive took out all his toys and decorated him. 






She found this seaweed and was pretending she was rapunsel. I think I blew her mind when I clipped it in and it stayed.  


This was my brothers shirt when he was a little one. 

I let her wear a tutu to school. Also she is looking like such a big kid to me. 

Coffee hangs with my friend Alexa. 

Both kids were sleeping and I did this. It was magical. 

I think Bones is the one laying the eggs. 

Opie knows her name. I know its weird but she does. 

Facetime with Sonia. 

Olive told me this was the best dinner ever. I swear some days she won't eat anything I make but the kid loves salad. I had absolutely nothing in the house to eat for dinner so I made this salad and it was delicious and super filling. Lettuce, shredded carrots, roasted garlic chickpeas, tiny bit of tri color pasta, and shredded mozzarella. Roasted chickpeas make the best snack too! 

I added green onions and radish to mine. I'm not a salad for dinner person but this was good! 

We went to the Huntington Library. I reserved free tickets a month in advance so I was pretty excited as I've never been. This was part of the science area. The most amazing drawings from maybe the 1600's?

There was a section on childbirth. I love this shit. 

I don't know if its the fact that I've had kids but I'm fascinated by all aspects of birth. 

Rose garden. Smelled so good. 


We had fun but I don't think its the best place for kids (at least my kids) Olive wasn't super into looking at everything and was pretty antsy most of the time. The grounds are massive and you could seriously spend the whole day just wandering. 


She did however like the tea service. I mean how can you go wrong with scones and tea? 




No comments:

Post a Comment