Sunday, February 23, 2014

flu

The flu can suck it. Olive started the week off with barf. An entire day of flu and then poof gone. Big kid barf is gross. Nothing like being projectile vomited on to really feel like a mom. Poor Olive didn't understand what was going on. She has happily sitting on the couch and poof she was barfing all over me and my BRAND NEW COUCH. Reason #10687 why I can't have nice things. And just in case I forget all about this lovely sick I still have the smell to remind me. Luckily Blake is amazing and came how that night and steamed cleaned it but sadly I think it will take a bit more. Barf is awful, just awful. We survived the day and by the next morning she was 100% back to normal. I really really thought that was it but when we woke up the following morning I could hear Otto making that barf sound. Like the swallowing before the puke, ya I know its lovely. I ran in and picked him up just in time for him to barf all over his changing table. I brought him into bed and hoped it was just random as I was totally in flu denial. I nursed him back to sleep only for him to start the puke fest. Once I got out of bed I realized I felt like absolute shit. Blake was out surfing and my best friend happened to be visiting for the night which was the only reason I made it through the morning of a puking babe and covering myself up on the couch till Blake could get home. Thank goodness he took the day off as there was no way I could even get off the couch. It was an entire day of hell. There were moments where I thought I was going to die. The flu is torture. Luckily the next morning Otto and I work up like champs. I have never experienced a sick like this. Poor Blake has it today and its been awful to watch as he is never sick. The kids and I get every cold and cough under the sun but not him so he got hit hard. 
I want to bleach my entire house. That's safe right? Cause I am just beyond grossed out. I have never wanted real summer to get here. While I blame preschool it could really be from anywhere. We are never home so who knows where we got this from. I kinda think we picked up the flu from our mini Palm Springs vacation we went on. The timing just works. Gross. But Palm Springs ruled. We went out last week on a super spontaneous trip. My friend texted me at 2pm kinda half joking if we wanted to go out to Palm Springs for the night. I'm not sure she was expecting my giant yes of an answer but we charged. It took like 4 plus house cause we left at rush hour but it was awesome. We all piled into one room that actually had a separate closed off bedroom where the kids and I stayed all in one bed. Cozy! Alison and her boys slept on the pull out like champs. I don't think we actually slept but once we were at the pool it didn't matter. Bloody Mary's, sunshine, happy kids, and swimming all day. It was amazing. While juggling two kids isnt the easiest some how my kids do really good in these places and I was pretty relaxed. I mean who doesn't love vacation??!! We had plans to head home but I somehow talked Blake into coming out that night. It probably wasn't the most financially responsible choice but we did it and it was fantastic. Memories are better then money. In this case we needed it. Family time is kinda the best. At home we get distracted by so many things but on vacation it's just us and fun. Can we go back now??


No comments:

Post a Comment