Monday, February 11, 2013

stay back sickies

Ok I am officially ready for summer. This winter cold and sickness is really pissing me off. At swim today it was totally empty (I'm assuming cause the world has the plague) and Olive's dance class has been half full the last few weeks. I can tell kids were sick as they have that awful lingering cough when they come back. Olives swim teacher had a sick kid home from school and said she was fighting something. Fucking lovely. When Olive woke up from her nap she felt warm too so I'm pretty sure she is fighting a fever. I think the cure is Hawaii till its summer here. 

I had my 22 (almost 23) week appointment today and everything seems good. My midwife didn't seem at all concerned with any of the results from the ultrasound and not seeing parts of the heart. She feels I just went too early. Obviously that makes me feel better as I trust her but when I go to my appointment wed I will get that 100% confirmation that I really need. I feel like the weeks are sneaking up on me. I got my bottle for the glucose test next appointment which seems so soon. I guess last time it went slower and I didn't know what to expect but now things are just flying by. After my next appointment I start going every 2 weeks. I can't even believe its all getting close. Sadly today my big plans of a home birth were shattered. I'm super bummed but I also realize it's not the end of the world. Unfortunately insurance doesn't recognize the home as a facility so they charge you a shit ton of money instead of the small fee the birthing center costs. Having a birth in general is already not affordable so its just not worth it to add anymore. If we have number three lets hope we'll be rich and we can do the home thing! Dream big!  Either way I just want a healthy birth no matter where it is. Moving on and focusing on keeping this baby healthy is my main goal. 

This weekend was crazy busy and sometimes I forget that I can't do all the things I want to do and not get tired. Saturday was mostly spent Olive free. She had a lovely day and slumber party with Blake's family while we ran around and did errands and hung out. We had an awesome dinner up in LA and then met up with some friends for a birthday party. We ended up getting home around midnight which in normal people life is early but holy shit I felt awful the next day. I couldn't fall asleep and as much as I tried to sleep in I couldn't do it. The break was obviously much appreciated but I guess you can't even put the mom aside if you try. On sunday we met up with Kat and Sonia for a quick coffee date. Aka the girls ran around like maniacs. Two year olds are fast! It was super fun even if it was the opposite of relaxing. Then we headed out to a baby shower. There were kids there which made it good for Olive but she was being a bit of a pickle head. It was freezing and she refused to wear her jacket. Errr maybe that explains the fever. 

On a random note this little guy has been kicking my bladder for the past few days like its his job. And every single time it makes me jump cause it feels like a shock. Oh and lets not talk about the amount of bathroom trips this means. He is definitely starting to be a bit more consistent with his moving around which makes it pretty fun.

silly app but pretty fun. 

making valentines. 

tap class. 

hanging with the birthday girl lauren. 

yep. 

the crazy kids. 

carb loading. 

hanging with forest. 



and justin. 

lazy sunday night. 

thin mint. bummed cause they don't taste the same as i remember. 

olive was making us pose. clearly our thai food was more important. 

then she wanted her photo taken. 

scooter rides. 

and then we went skateboarding.

she likes when i go down with her sometimes. my ass is kinda getting too large but whatever. 


so she can paint her nails all by herself now and honestly its not bad at all. kids has skills. 



No comments:

Post a Comment