Wednesday, August 29, 2012

pink cake

Today was a day for cupcakes or as Olive requested pink cake. We happened to go down the cake isle at target and she got so excited so I let her pick out a box of cake and frosting. She found everything pink of course. The entire day she kept asking me if we can make the cake and as soon as she woke up from her nap cake was the first word I heard. It was pretty fun and I've been waiting a long time to have a little baking assistant. She was a champ at pouring all the ingredients in but waiting for them to bake is another story. After dinner I gave her 3 cupcakes and a bowl of frosting and told her she could do whatever she wanted with it. I showed her how to frost and I'm not kidding, she was good. Like full concentration trying to put the frosting on. She decided to lick some of the frosting of all of them but didn't have any interest in taking a bite. Who are you kid??? Either way she was entertained and I'm sure it's for the best as she only consumed a tiny bit of sugar. Regardless it was a fun little toddler activity. I rarely if ever bake out of a box but I think I will wait a few years to teach her how to make homemade cake but I really can't wait.

We had little gym in the morning and it was actually her last class of the summer session so now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Continue little gym or start up with a dance class? The last month at little gym has been really fun for her and I feel like she actually gets really excited to go and as of yesterday can sing the songs we sing in class. Well one or two words but she can hum along and play along with all the beats. She is kinda in a funny age and she also has a ton more energy than most kids her age so it's tricky. What to do what to do......

it's important to look good and bring your friends with you to the potty. 


little trolls.

baker.

we lost an egg but she sure enjoyed playing with it. 

happy hour started early in this house. 

mess.

we've hit the dress up phase. 


toddler meals always look cuter than big people meals. 

frosting licker. 

cupcake licker. 

serious business. 

she has been talking about this rainbow all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment