Monday, January 20, 2014

Cronut

I had my first cronut today. I know it's thrilling but I've been on the hunt to find one and today I just happendupon them at my local donut shop. I only had two bites and olive finished the rest for me. Monday through Friday I try and eat amazing so that on the weekends I can get wild. I will never diet but for me this works. Anyways the cronut. Ya it was good. 

After carb loading we headed to the park so olive could ride her bike and I could push Otto in the jogger. It was lovely but damn it warmed up fast. As much as I'm loving these warm days I'm thinking we should probably get some rain like really soon. This can't be good. We spent a few hours roaming around and park hoping before we headed home. We spent the rest of the day in and out of the backyard and playing. The day was long as we got out super early but it was good. Otto took some good naps and tonight he ate dinner. This is the first time he has opened his mouth for food so it's a really big deal. He hasn't showed any interest and has rejected every meal so I'm really excited to see if this continues. I'm hoping all the crawling is making him hungry. 

I also made a dinner that olive loved. She is a great eater but lately she will tell me she dislikes every meal I make. I know it's just a rebellion thing but today she gobbled down her food so fast and said she loved it so I was quite pleased. These days it's the little things. I'm  too lazy to post a recipe but we had a raw kale and brussel sprout salad with a mustard lemon dressing. Then barley with sautéed leeks, garlic, and mushrooms with a side of roasted sweet potatoes. Cooking dinner was a bit tricky as Otto was super pissed off cause his teeth hurt so it took way longer then it should have. Eventually I found something to make him happy (a spatula) so he cruised around eating that. Olive insisted on helping cook which I love (sometimes) so I was trying to be so so patient but sometimes at the end of the day I just don't have it in me. She helped and in between tortured Otto with chopsticks. I swear she doesn't leave him alone for a second. Half the time he loves it and laughs hysterical and the other half he is so annoyed by her. Funny kids. 
Again I didn't post this right away so I'm not even sure where I was going with this post........


No comments:

Post a Comment