Monday, April 21, 2014

Boner

I promise when my foot is healed I will never complain that days are hard, never. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. Mentally I'm ok now. I've accepted that my foot is broken and it's going to be hard. I mean that should be obvious but it took awhile not to just be downright depressed about it. I'm mostly just disappointed in all that I will miss out on and how to entertain my kids at home for the next few weeks/months. The days are long. Chasing after Otto on crutches is exhausting and dangerous. He's fast and curious. Olive has been amazing, like unbelievable about carrying him around the house and pulling him from situations. I get tired and when I'm running around and my foot gets swollen and it starts killing me. I imagine it's not ideal for healing. I try to keep it elevated when I'm sitting but that's very rare. Dinners and late afternoons are the hardest. I'm managing but it's hard. I know there are lessons here about patience, slowing down, and not doing everything. I'm trying to take these lessons and keep everything on a positive note. It's beyond hard but I have no choice. 
Sometimes I look at the clock and think holy shit how can I possibly survive 7 more hours?? But I do and I will. 

I'm putting Otto down for his second nap. He was up so much last night and crazy early so he's cranky and sad. His other front tooth is almost in so im guessing it hurts. Poor baby. He just wants mama. At least my boob works....

No comments:

Post a Comment