Saturday, July 23, 2011

Palm Springs

I just got back from the most wonderful day in Palm Springs for Marisa's bachelorette party. It was a MUCH needed break. I love being a mom but I needed a day off to hang with some ladies, get drunk off pretty drinks, talk about penis's (yes girls talk about this stuff, or at least we do), and do a whole lot of nothing. It's been a long time since I've spent a day being carefree like this. I missed Olive like crazy, like beyond anything but I knew she was just fine. This was my first time in Palm Springs and I loved it. Yep it's fucking hot but nothing a pool can't fix. It reminded me of being at Lake Mead in the summer as a kid, where the weather is in the triple digits and you have to stay in the water to survive. I'm glad I liked it cause I will be back in a few months for a bachelorette party and then next May for a wedding. Now if only I could get my husband to whisk me away for a day like this here and there I think it would be pretty amazing. Just taking a break away from life for the day feels really good. I feel like I got my mom powers recharged.



I know I know you're supposed to hang it from a tree but after enough booze and a few spins it's just as hard.













As for Olive she enjoyed a day at the beach. I heard she had the best time thrashing around in the sand and she even went all the way in the water with Blake. Oh and she peed on someone. Apparently she was going diaper-less and she crawled up to someone and squat on their leg and peed. It was a friend of Blake's mom so I'm sure they got a good laugh. My classy child. And if you can believe this Blake's mom was even able to get her to fall asleep and take a nap under the umbrella. The power of Grandma's and naps blow my mind. I'm a little sad her and Blake didn't get to have a one on one bonding day but what can you do. And now I sleep.......



If you don't mind, please click. Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment