Sunday, September 25, 2011

Happy Wedding Marisa and Jack

I'm trying to ignore the little bit of hangover that is still lingering so this post could be even more all over the place then usual. The weekend was great. Not gonna lie I missed my little critter like crazy but everything was fine and Blake and I had a really good time. We arrived to Sacramento on friday night around 10pm. Everyone was coming back from the rehearsal dinner and then heading to a bar so we decided we should go for a drink and not be all lame. Trust me, all I wanted to do was crawl into bed but we decided not to be all old. I'm glad we went cause it was nice to see everyone before the wedding and do a quick catch up. I think we were in bed by 12 which was perfect. The only thing I wanted to do was sleep in. Of course my mom clock woke me  up at 6:30 cause my boobs felt like they were going to explode but I was able to go back to sleep for awhile after a quick pump. I think we slept till around 8:30 or 9 which is pretty late considering we wake up every morning at 5:45. We were able to track down a ridiculously delicious coffee snob place right around the corner from our hotel. Major score! After that we got some yummy breakfast and wandered around downtown Sacramento. This was my first time there and Blake had only been in 6th grade so we had fun exploring. We wandered around the capitol building and the park. My boobs kinda controlled the day as I was dying and needed to go back and pump. We figured we saw enough touristy stuff and hung out in bed and watched Bad Santa before getting ready for the wedding. Do you have any idea how amazing it is to be able to lay in bed during the middle of the day and do nothing?? So we got all fancy and headed off to the wedding.

Ok seriously one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to. It was about an hour outside of Sacramento in Capay. Totally out in the middle of nowhere. We took a party bus out there so the drive wasn't bad at all. All the little details of the wedding were unreal. Every single thing was adorable. Blake and I enjoyed the signature drink way too much. I'm pretty sure I had about 10 of them followed by a bottle of wine. Yikes. There were a couple of other mamas there and somehow we all managed to find each other in the bathroom at the same time and ended up having a conversation about boobs for a good 20 min. Good times. We ate the most delicious desserts and danced and drank and drank some more. I didn't want the night to end. Ohhhh I also got to meet a friend of Marisa's that reads my blog (who I've never met before) Hiiiiiiiiiii! Not gonna lie it was the coolest thing ever. Turns out she is the sweetest girl ever and of course lives in NY. Major boo! The ride home in the party bus was totally out of control. Marisa and Jack joined us along with about 50 some drunk people. People kept making drunk speeches while bottles of wine got passed around to drink. Classy! As if that wasn't enough they had an after party in their room. Most people wore their robes from there rooms cause we're fancy like that. At around 2 am I was done. I was starting to spin and I was beyond tired. Last time I was up that late I was in labor. Wild me! It was such a fun night and worth the stupid hangover.

Hard to see but it's Marisa and Jack holding hands wayyyyyy up there.

Stupid heels hurt.

They did not make it to the robe party but I took a million photos of their cute converse while they were passed out.

My classy husband.

The wedding dress out of the robe look is pretty great.

The flight home was pretty interesting. We ended sitting next to this girl who happened to be up in Sacramento for a wedding as well. She is a mama with two kids and we ended talking most of the flight home. She was super nice, had purple hair, and tattoos. Totally not your typical orange county mom. She was easy to talk to and just a super down to earth person. I should of asked for her number but I'm totally lame and way too shy. Oh well if we're meant to be mom friends we'll run into each other one day. OC is pretty small. Just funny as I spend most of my time bitching and moaning about not being able to make mom friends. Anyways we made it home in one piece, just a little tired. We spent the afternoon at Irvine Spectrum trying to find some shoes for Blake and wandering around. I'm trying to get the motivation to unpack and start to get organized so I can pack up for NY tomorrow but I'm super slow tonight.

I missed Olive like crazy and I probably annoyed everyone talking about her but it was also nice to be alone with Blake and talk about other things besides baby stuff and not stress for a few days about wrangling her. I think once in awhile we need this. My mom said Olive was great and they had a lot of fun. They used up the last bag of milk right before I got home so it all worked out. She ended up getting about half breastmilk and half whole milk for the two days which I feel totally ok with. I thought that maybe I would start slowly weening her but I just don't think I'm ready yet. I think I worried myself a bit too much when I didn't think I had enough milk anymore but I know it was just my period which totally cuts my supply. I pumped plenty of milk while I was away although it all went down the sink so I know I have plenty for her. I still love the little bond we have and I think for now I will continue on. We'll see how we do in NY and how I'm feeling when I get back but I think we're going to keep going with the boob. After she woke up from her nap today I fed her and she immediately fell asleep while nursing and it was so so sweet. She is so busy running around and growing up that this is the only time she stops for a second and cuddles and I love it. I'm not setting any time lines or goal just doing what feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment