Sunday, December 11, 2011

snot rocket

We survived a weekend of green boogers and some barfing and managed to have a little fun mixed into a lot of sickness. On Saturday we had plans for a dinner party with some friends which ended up being a lot of fun and a wonderful parents gone wild night. Ok not that wild but we stayed out till past 10 which is pretty late these days. The night was good till Blake woke up barfing in the middle of the night. He didn't drink so we can't blame him getting wasted or anything so not sure if it was food poisoning or the flu? Either way he was pretty miserable. He spent the entire night and morning on my parents couch till we left to come home late this morning. It was pretty shitty. Olive is feeling much better and is just snotty and coughing but seems pretty normal as far as her energy goes. We were supposed to go to a family Hanukkah brunch today but with all the sick we decided to keep our germs away. Not pleased we had to miss seeing family but I think it was best for everyone. We sat at the house the entire day and did nothing. I made a big batch of matzo ball soup for dinner so I'm hoping that will help us all feel better. I can't believe how much sickness has been happening in this house this month and I am so ready for it to be over. I'm hoping I can avoid both the cold and whatever flu Blake had but more importantly I'm hoping Olive doesn't get the flu. I've armed myself with kombucha and matzo balls so lets hope I can stay healthy! I was going to drop another feeding with Olive but I'm thinking the more milk she gets from me the better so weaning is going VERY slow around  here. Looking forward to a few rainy days ahead to snuggle in the house and stay warm and focus on getting healthy!

Watching the monitor.

She has no fear.

Big fan of kale chips.

Our favorite lazy dinner. Butternut squash ravioli with a quick olive oil sauce.


She picks out her own shoes now and is VERY particular which ones she will wear.

Guilty. I love Wendy. Normally I watch this during nap time but it was a sick day and we were LAZY. Clearly she was more into reading up on Big Bird.

She loves dipping things. Pita chips and guacamole. It was cute till she sneezed all over the bowl.

Frank Sinatra record collection and some of my colored vinyl.

Coffee and my pup.

At my parents house. She figured out she could climb over. We're on the lowest setting now so it's just a matter of time till she can get over. I am so not ready for a big girl bed.

Parents Gone Wild.

Hef.


Sierra getting cozy with Marc.

Eating the grilled cheese she stole from me.

Matzo ball soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment