Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Elizabeth Mitchell/Ida

I was always kinda bla about kids bands but since discovering things like Yo Gabba Gabba, Raffi, and Hullabaloo I've found it can be really fun to listen to (for both of us) I think as Olive gets older and starts to sing along it will make more sense. We will always play our music for her but I'm finding that rocking her to sleep to melodic songs made for kids just work.

I mentioned in another post that I've been singing Olive to sleep for her morning nap to the Raffi station on pandora. They play Elizabeth Mitchell all the time I would always love when her songs came on. I kept trying to remind myself to look her up so I could download some of her songs but of course I forgot. Then tonight I came across this post. It's Kori from Mates of States momma blog. It was fun to come across her blog awhile back as I'm a huge fan of Mates of State. Anyways she mentioned Elizabeth Mitchell and it turns out she was from the band Ida. If you were into indie rock in the 90's then you for sure know who they are. Just funny how it all comes around. I seriously haven't listened to Ida since my boyfriend put a song on a mixed tape for me.



If you don't mind, please click.Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment