Saturday, October 23, 2010

4 weeks



Olive is 4 weeks old now! People always say enjoy it cause they change every day and they are sure right. She is like a different person now. She is getting really good at tummy time and can hold her head up really high and for pretty long. I'm shocked at how strong she is. She is just more aware of her surroundings and will follow us with her eyes. She is also getting really big. Yesterday she weighed in at 10.4. We're still figuring out the sleeping thing at night. We have good days and bad days. Last night was amazing. She woke up to eat and went right back to sleep with not one bit of crying. It was perfect. I felt really rested today for the first time in a month. The few days before that were brutal. I was up for hours with her, she was totally awake staring at the ceiling. She usually doesn't scream and cry but she whimpers and its awful. I can't figure out of its something in my milk that pisses her off or some nights she just isn't tired.

Yesterday my mom and I met with a new pediatrician. She has been down for the week helping us out. I honestly would of never made it through this week without her. I let her go home for a few days but she better rest up cause its so nice to have her around and I want her back! Anyways I just haven't been happy with our current pediatrician. The current one wouldn't give Olive the medicine the lactation consultant recommended. Totally fine (she had a good medical reason) but it was the way she talked to me that rubbed me the wrong way. That and last week she never called me back which pissed me off. Anyways this new dr is amazing! She has a pretty awesome blog. Her whole approach is exactly what I've been looking for. She was super open about working with me on vaccinations and helping me decide what is best for Olive and was really open to what I had to say. She recommended some amazing natural remedies to try on Olive. She even called tonight to check on her to make sure she was feeling better. Oh and she does house calls. So cool. I should probably go back to work to help pay for this. Nothing this good comes cheap so I'm a little worried but I really want Olive to have the best care ever.

Not much to say so I will just post a bunch of photos.

First bath
First Bath

Cuddle time with Sierra

Sierra and Olive

Sierra and Olive

Pumpkin Patch

Pumpkin Patch

First bottle (pumping is the strangest thing ever)

First bottle

Grandma and Olive



No comments:

Post a Comment