Thursday, October 7, 2010


*never got around to posting this yesterday, too many mommy duties.

I have 10 min before I need to feed the critter so I figured I would write a little post. Olive had her 2 week check up today. She is now weighing in at 8 pounds and 5 ounces and 20.5 inches long. Such a little chunker but it makes me happy cause I know she is eating enough. I was a total nervous parent and asked the dr about a zillion questions but she seems to be doing great.

I'm still battling with breastfeeding. Its a hell if a lot harder than I thought it would be. She is doing great with it but my nipples feel like they are going to fall off, well at least the right one. I'm worried she isn't latching on correctly although I've been super careful to watch. I dunno I hope its not an infection. I'm going to meet with a lactation consultant to make sure we're doing good considering I'd love to breastfeed for a really long time but at this rate its just not enjoyable. I got some really good advice from my friend who is really knowledgeable about breastfeeding. She gave me some good tips and suggested taking acidophilus pills to avoid getting thrush. So I got some toady and hoping that will be good, can't hurt I guess. Everyone also says to make sure you go braless as much as possible which is easy since I'm at home all day but what about the leaking? I mean after about an hour or two I start leaking. Does that ever stop or is it always like that if you're breastfeeding? I can't imagine when I start pumping and go more than 3 hours. I'm gonna look like I have porn star boobs and totally be a leaking mess. So weird. Anyways I've emailed 2 lactation consultants so far and one has moved up north and the other is on vacation till the 17th so I'm on to my third try. Really hoping I can see someone asap. Sore nipples are awful!

So last night Blake and I went on our first night out alone. We were both total zombies. We walked into the sushi place and I seriously felt like I was in a scene out of twilight zone. I was just zoned out staring at everyone. It was kinda loud in there and people were animated and full of energy and it just seemed so surreal to me. It was nice to have sushi, I didn't go too wild since I know whatever I eat she will eat too but a little albacore and tuna can't hurt. After dinner we got some ice cream and headed home. It was nice to get out but I think we're just too tired for a date. My mom has been here for the week helping me out and its been amazing. I honestly can't imagine doing it without her help. I think for the first few weeks I am going to have her come out for a few days at a time. I still feel like I don't have time to do much but just having someone on top of laundry, and making sure I eat, drink water, and get a shower is amazing. I know its all little things but I'm still trying to figure out how to do it all. Trust me skipping meals are really easy. I think we're finally getting into more of a routine and I know it will get easier but it will take some time.

I read a ton of blogs and this is one of my favorites. She has a baby that is a week older than Olive and I think her husband is a photographer so its pretty funny. Her posts have been very parallel to mine in terms of dealing with a newborn. Its always nice to know that other people are going through the same shit. Not that I want others to suffer but just to know our baby is normal. Anyways the last paragraph of the blog is exactly how I've been feeling and its pretty funny.

The following video is super random. I got in my car today (alone) and put this band on. Not totally sure why but it just sounded good. Not sure if Olive will appreciate hardcore yet (although in the womb she went to all hardcore and metal shows) but we'll wait a bit. I can't wait to have a night to go see bands play. Its the one thing that will always make me sane but I don't think I'm ready to stay up past 10 pm yet. A good hardcore show with some silly singalongs and sweaty boys is in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment