Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Swim

Very serious pre-swim face



She didn't actually wear this swimming but we were just trying it on to see if it fit.

Olive had her first swim lesson today. I don't know which one of us had more fun but I have to say I really enjoyed the 90 degree water and splashing around with her. She LOVED it. She had the biggest smile on her face and loved watching the other little kids. The class was small, I think there were only 4 other moms and Olive wasn't even the youngest so that was pretty cool. Some of these moms started their kids at like 3 months. Damn and I thought I was getting a head start. The instructor was awesome! She was an older french lady with missing teeth and painted in eyebrows and about as sweet as can be. We sang silly songs and then she showed us different techniques to do with them. Then she would come around and give each baby some one on one time which was fun to watch. She even dunked Olive under the water a few times. She swallowed a little water twice but she didn't really seem to mind at all. After we were both so tired. She went down for a nap very easily and I even passed out for a little snooze. I can't wait till next week cause my mom will be in town to watch Olive swim and get some photos.


I posted a video yesterday of Olive standing but I was able to snap a photo today. She pulled herself up on me and I was able to sneak away, grab my phone, turn it on and grab a shot before she fell. She did it a few other times today but this was the only one I got a shot of. Wonder when that first step will be????







If you don't mind, please click. Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment