Saturday, August 6, 2011

Boobs

Happy Breastfeeding Awareness Week! I've spent a lot of time bitching, moaning, raving, ranting and all around talking about boobs on this blog so it's a pretty important topic for me. I spent the first few months of Olive's life having the hardest time with breastfeeding. We didn't have a latch problem or anything but we were attacked with thrush for what seemed like forever and it was awful. A million times worse than childbirth. Once we got the hang of things and the thrush was cured things were pretty good. I had pain here and there and at times I didn't totally feel confident that she was getting enough or I was feeding her the right amount of times but of course she was and we were doing great. I've learned to trust my body to make the right amount of milk and to trust Olive that she is getting exactly what she needs.

Things are much different now at 10 months. Olive has learned to ask for milk by signing or straight up tearing at my shirt (the signing still isn't perfect) and she doesn't depend on my milk as much as she used to. She still nurses almost every 3 hours but the sessions are quick. I still attack her little hands with kisses and sing silly songs to make her giggle. I never thought I would be so passionate about something before. When I decided I would breastfeed I didn't think it would mean this much to me or actually last this long. People always ask me how long I plan on going for and I honestly don't have an answer. I love that I am the only one that can provide her with that comfort. My wish is that every woman that wants to provide the boob for their baby can. I hate when people say it's natural or it doesn't hurt. It is the most unnatural thing ever unless you are used to having something hang off your nipple every few hours but in time it absolutely becomes the easiest thing ever. I want everyone that breastfeeds to be comfortable feeding in public and I hope that the society can accept it as the norm too. Yay for boobies!

First time breastfeeding


She likes to play with my face while she eats

Backyard boobies



If you don't mind, please click. Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment