Thursday, August 4, 2011

captain jenn

Today we had a beach day. I know big shocker since we do that almost every weekend but it's pretty rare we go to the beach during the week. Now that I think of it I'm not sure why we don't go during the week. Hmmmm might have to change that with the summer coming to an end. Anyways my friends Kat and Nick had their boat down in Dana Point so Olive and I headed down for the day to hang. We hung out on the boat for a little while and I decided that I want a boat but I want to take my boat to the Caribbean and float around in the super clear waters for a summer. I'm dreaming big here. Even sitting in the marina I got that feeling like I did when I was a kid. My dad had a boat and we would go out fishing almost every weekend and there is just that feeling of the boat rocking and the smell that every boat has that I just love. It's been a long time and I definitely miss it. I can see Blake being a captain and taking us out to the islands while I sip on margaritas.

We actually spent the day at the beach where Kat's brother had a camping spot and it was really nice. Alison and her kids came down too. I wish I could say we relaxed down at the beach but beach days are far from relaxing with the kiddos running around. We did have fun talking and laughing about our younger kid free days. The three of us ladies spent our early 20's together destroying our livers, breaking boys hearts, and probably a lot of other things not appropriate to share. The weather was perfect and there were no major meltdowns so it was a good day.

On the way home I met up with Blake at his parents house where we had some dinner and hung out. I got a nice little break while Olive was showered with love from the family. We sat outside, had burgers and relaxed. It was quite a lovely way to end the day.

Tonight is going to be a long night. We decided we are going to try to work with Olive on this wake up crap. I go back and forth with how I feel about her waking up at night. Most of the time I just try to roll with it and tell myself it's not forever but then there is this part of me that thinks she is old enough to sleep through the night and I need to help her do this. She is now waking up out of habit and I don't think it's hunger so I'm trying to figure out the balance. Crying it out doesn't work for her and it's just too tough for me but we're going to try some other ways and see what works best for her. I'm getting worried with the few weekends coming up that I will be gone.  I want her to be able to sleep through the night and not miss my boob. I think once she does this she will be so much happier. Wish me luck.....












If you don't mind, please click. Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment