Friday, July 2, 2010

Coffee Talk

Drinking coffee and waiting for some dude to come fix my stove (again) Thought he fixed it yesterday but nope! But it was super fun sitting home all day waiting for him. He better come soon cause if I don't leave the house today I will hurt someone. I get a little stir crazy.

Fun fact of the day is that the baby now wakes up with me which is really cute. I don't feel her all night so I assume she is sleeping? I was laying in bed this morning just waking up and talking to Sierra and I felt her start kicking around like she was ready to face the day.

I'm still reading that book "The No Cry sleep solution" and it was talking about co-sleeping and how sometimes when you are that close to your baby you can actually get in sync with each others breathing. I thought that was a fun fact. All the books/sites that I read are very much for co-sleeping. Blake is 100% for it but I'm still a little weary. I definitely want her in the room for the first few months but I just don't know how I feel about her sharing a bed (although I found a really cool co sleeper online that attaches to the bed) I guess I get worried about the time we want to put her back in the crib. According to everything I've read its not a problem at all and only takes a few times for them to get used to being away. I still need to think about that a bit more. I've never done this before so I have no idea if rolling over and giving her a boob is going to be easy or it will be easier for me to take her to the rocker and feed there (as my mom said was easy for her) Need to decide somewhat soon.
Oh and on to a totally gross and random fact. I have been drooling like a crazy person in my sleep. I remember reading that you produce more saliva when pregnant but that was in the first trimester I think. It was never really an issue but the last few weeks I've been waking up with a lake on my pillow. And the internet has my answer....


Most women experience excessive salivation as a result of changing hormone levels. Excessive saliva may happen sporadically during periods of rapid hormonal fluctuation like during the first and third trimesters. Other women will notice they have more saliva in general throughout their pregnancy. Your best bet is to swallow more frequently. Most women do so naturally.

Some women find excessive salivation contributes to pregnancy heartburn. Fortunately you can relieve pregnancy related heartburn using simple over the counter antacids. Some women find drinking milk helps relieve the problem. Still others find brushing their teeth multiple times each day helps relieve their symptoms, or at the very least makes the problem seem less annoying. You may find drinking more water improves rather than worsens the condition. Your body may produce more saliva in response to dehydration. Still other women find chewing gum or sucking hard candies helpful for at least taking their mind off the problem.


I have been having heartburn the last few days too, weird never connected that. I've also been having milk at night (with cookies) so I'm pretty sure that cancels anything out.


more on saliva

No comments:

Post a Comment