Friday, July 9, 2010

hey suburbia

The crib and dresser have been ordered thanks to Grandma and Great Grandma! I will wait and take photos once its all in and built but we went with the Baby Mod stuff. It was reasonably priced and seemed to be made out of good stuff and non toxic paint. My mom was down for a few days and we sat and measured and taped off to try and see what would fit in there. The room is a really good size but there isn't alot of wall space so we had to ditch the bookshelf. Here is what it looks like right now. We were storing that white piece in the closet and decided to bring it out. I was thinking some fun colored bins would be cute in there? The box is a rocker which hopefully Blake will build this weekend. Its slowly coming together.....



We found a doula this week as well. She is absolutely wonderful and I think will be really helpful with the birth. She will also be teaching our hypnobabies classes so I'm really excited to start those at the end of the month. So glad that is all set.

I will get the results of my glucose test in a few days. Drinking the stuff was really gross. At first it was kinda yummy and sweet but when you get to the end you kinda wanna vomit. She also told me that I gained too much weight between my two appointments (which was a month) I was actually super disappointed in myself because I've been doing so good with weight. The last week I've been eating like shit but I know that isn't why since I eat really healthy 99% of the time. Its my lack of exercise. I was used to doing kickboxing 3 times a week (and walking everywhere in NY) and I've done nothing here. I will start doing yoga 2x a week (thanks to my wonderful mother in law for helping me out with that) but she told me that I need to be walking at least a mile everyday. Boring!!!! I did my first walk today around suburbia. It was ok. I put on an episode of "This American Life" and walked up and down streets for about 30 min. I figured that was about a mile. Plus I had to pee and can't be away from a bathroom for longer than that. It was so quiet, I think I saw like 3 people. I walked past this little old man and he got all excited and waved to me. It was really cute. I found a few places to hike in the hood but I don't really want to go alone. I'll wait for Blake on those days. I know there are a ton of places to drive to but its hard to get the motivation to get in the car. I guess the important part is I feel good. I feel like I have energy and my body feels right. I feel massive in the tummy (my mom had to put my shoes on for me the other day) cause the strap was tricky and I couldn't bend to the right position. It was actually quite funny. I start going to my midwife every 2 weeks now which is crazy cause its getting closer to my due date!

Enough blabbing for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment