Tuesday, February 8, 2011

arts and crafts

I was so excited when I saw this post on Ohdeedoh. Ya I know its super easy to go buy a can of playdough or sidewalk chalk but I think its pretty cool that you can make it. Seems like a fun project in itself (when Olive is old enough to help)
Some of my favorite childhood memories are arts and crafts. Not that actually making chalk and playdough are that exciting but it just reminded me of all the fun I had making stuff when I was little. I remember on crappy weather days or when it was too early to go out and play my brother and I would go in his "secret room" which was this little room attached to his room filled with treasures of toys and books. We had all these arts and craft books on how to make this and that and baskets of paper, glitter, glue, etc. It was seriously the best thing ever. We would sit in there for hours creating crap. That is of course when I wasn't torturing my brother and dressing him up like a girl. Sidewalk chalk was also a favorite. What better canvas then an entire driveway to draw whatever you want. I also remember taking a ton of pots and pans to this little section in our front yard and making all these mud treats. I can't even imagine the mess I made but I just remember how fun it was to get totally gross and dirty and just create random crap. I also ate grass once then immediately barfed. It's funny the random things you remember.
I can't wait till Olive is old enough to draw, paint, and make a big ol mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment