Monday, August 30, 2010

36 weeks

Were now creeping into 36 weeks. How did that happen? This week the bag will get packed. I keep putting it off cause it kinda makes me nervous but also really excited. Baby needs to at least wait till 37 weeks so I can deliver at the birth center, anything before that and I have to go to the hospital. Obviously she will come when she is ready but for some reason the date September 23rd keeps coming to me. It's also a full moon that day and they say more babies are born on full moons. Although after I did more research on that I don't think its an actual fact, more a myth but whatever I believe it. Although this could totally screw up her chances of being a Libra. She will be here when she wants so I should probably stop thinking about it.

While I was laying in bed last night I was thinking about when I first found out I was pregnant and everything that I've learned in the last 9 months. Luckily I had friends that gave me some good advice but at the same time there was so much that I had to figure out on my own, things that suited my lifestyle. So I thought I would make a list of things that I wish I had known earlier in pregnancy and other things I just couldn't live without.

*Burt's Bee Belly Balm- lube that belly and boobs up every single night or even better have hubby rub it on (although like a typical man that got old after after a few months) but warning make sure you shower in the am cause its pretty sticky stuff


*Prenatal Vitamins/DHA- I love Rainbow Lite once a day. Even better when you can find them in that double pack with the DHA although I found it very difficult to find so I switched DHA brands here and there. It never made me sick or anything.


*Bras- I had no idea how sensitive my nipples would be. Underwire was about the worst thing in the world but I lived in these bras from american apparel. They also make a bunch of others that are really thin cotton for all those skinny model chicks with no boobs. I never felt like I needed crazy support from a bra (ask me this after my milk comes in) but I just didn't want to be bothered with underwire. Also getting a size up in leggings and buying their oversized shirts were a wonderful alternative to maternity clothes. I'm still wearing them in the end of my pregnancy.

*Eggs/Protein- Obviously eating healthy is important for the baby and everyone knows that but I wasn't aware how important eggs were for the baby. They say you should be eating at least one a day. As much as this makes me want to vomit I guess it keeps the ambiotic membranes strong. Also protein should be at around 75 grams a day. I guess this is really important in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I wish I had known that. I recently discovered Hemp protein shakes (powder mix) and Odwalla Protein shakes which are super helpful!

*Lavender Oil- I'm not huge on smelly things but putting a little behind the ear to cure a headache was super helpful. I also found a few drops on my pillow helped me to sleep better too.

*Beauty Products- I'm glad a friend gave me good advice on this but I was shocked to see that all my beauty products, face wash, body wash, shampoo, hair gel, etc had so many parabans and nasty toxins that could absolutely affect the baby. I switched over everything I could to natural and organic products. Just interesting to read to the labels. I figure if I can't pronounce it then I don't want it on my body. This leads to the next one.

*Read "Raising Baby Green" by Alan Greene. I wish I had read this the week I found out I was pregnant. There are just so many amazing tips for pregnancy that I wish I had known early on. Not everything can be green and there are still so many things I could do but just making small steps here and there seems like such a healthier way to live.


*Yoga- I just keep reading over and over how helpful all the yoga positions are for birth. I didn't start yoga till my 3rd trimester and I can't say I do it enough but I do practice some of the stretches daily at home. But I can say when I do go my body really loves me for it. We'll see what happens during my birthing time....

I dunno maybe this list is silly but just stuff that was important to me. I'm sure there are more but right now that is all that comes to mind. I'd love to hear what other people did or couldn't live without during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment