Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rasberry Leaf Tea

When we lived in Brooklyn right next store to us was this amazing healthfood store. It was like they shrunk down a whole foods or something. When I was first pregnant I would go in there and buy everything. They had an amazing selection of teas and all these cool natural products related to pregnancy. In my first trimester I quit coffee and started drinking tea a few times a week. At first everything I drank was ginger flavored but after awhile it grossed me out so I switched to Raspberry Leaf tea. I only had it a few times cause I kinda got over my nausea and craving for something in the morning. I actually forgot about it till a friend was talking to me about it. She had mentioned that I should start drinking it close to my birthing time to prep my uterus. I had no idea what it did only that is was in the preggy section of the teas so I did a little research. This pretty much sums up what I found.

"Rich in iron, this herb has helped tone the uterus, increase milk production, decrease nausea, and ease labor pains. Many of the “Pregnancy Teas” commonly contain red raspberry leaf to help promote uterine health during pregnancy.
There is some controversy about whether this should be used throughout pregnancy or just in the second and third trimester, so many health care providers remain cautious and only recommend using it after the first trimester."


from this website (pretty good article about teas during pregnancy)

I just started drinking it again today so we'll see if it helps with anything. If not it sure tastes yummmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment