Thursday, August 12, 2010

Protein

As you can tell I get obsessed with things and have to find solutions. So this week it is all about protein. I've been getting great suggestions on different protein shakes and ways to really max my protein. Today I tried an Odwalla Protein Shake and it was actually pretty good. I got the vanilla one and it kinda tasted like drinking cake batter with soy milk. It seemed to have a good amount of protein but also a ton of calcium.



In the beginning of my pregnancy I started drinking whey protein shakes (since I would usually have one after kickboxing) but after a few weeks I came across an article and it kinda freaked me out. The article talked about how hard it was for the baby to process the whey and that it wasn't a good idea. At the same time I was reading all these articles that said it was perfectly safe but in the end I just stopped using it, I didn't feel comfortable. I kinda gave up finding a shake since I thought the only other alternative was soy and I already consume a lot of soy (since we eat very vegetarian)
BUT since I'm back on a protein kick I decided to look a little harder today. My doula had suggested a Hemp shake so I bought one of those and I also got some sample packets of an egg white protein shake. I chose the ones that had all natural ingredients and nothing with fake sugar or added crap so I'm gonna assume they are safe. As far as taste I'll report back on the brands that I like but I feel like this might be a good way to add a bit more protein on those days where I just can't stomach an egg.....

Also I'm a total noob to this blog thing and I noticed I had a whole bunch of comments. I was so excited to see that! So thanks for commenting on all my silliness and also for some great suggestions. I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment