Thursday, August 26, 2010

lesson learned

I've been so good about drinking water during my pregnancy like to the point where I would pee every 5 min but I figured the more the better. My doula would tell us stories of moms calling her and thinking they are going into their birthing time because they were having terrible cramps but she would always tell them to drink a ton of water then call her back. Most of the time it was just the amniotic fluid getting low making cramps. Well this happened to me the other day and I seriously thought I was going to have this baby. Problem is were having a heat wave in California and its like 100 out, its so gross. So at lunch I drank a shit ton of root beer for some reason. I never do that but it was from the fountain and so good. So I peed like crazy so I never even thought about being dehydrated. Then during hypnobabies class I started getting the worst cramps ever. I had about 12 in row and they lasted about 30 sec each time. I was sweating the entire class while everyone was chilly from the a/c. I didn't say anything but kinda connected that maybe I might be dehydrated. I pounded so much water then came home and drank and drank till I felt like I was going to puke (while laying on the floor feeling like I was dying) Then all of a sudden the cramps were gone and I was totally fine like nothing ever happened. Stupid long story but I seriously realized how important water is. I will never do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment