Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Have you thought of a name?

This is always the second question someone will ask after they ask when you are due. I normally tell people what we are thinking unless I'm not in the mood to talk about it. At first I was really concerned with people and their reactions but I don't really care. I feel like Blake and I need to make a decision soon. I would like to think we could decide once we see her but there is no way I want that pressure. So the first name is Olive. This was the only name we had in the beginning when we had no idea the sex. I think this was something Blake came up with. I love this name but lately I've been hearing it around a lot. Also the name Olivia is on the top 5 name list of this year or something. I know its not the same but its close. Also when Blake and I were at the movies last week we saw a preview for some stupid teen movie, something based on the Scarlett Letter and the girls name is Olive. I don't want it to be like Twilight where everyone is naming their kid Bella. I probably shouldn't really care, I mean if we like it we like it.
The other name is Milo. This was originally for a boy but the more we talked about it we thought it would be really cute for a girl. I love the idea of a boyish name for a girl. But my thought is we could always save it if we ever do have a boy? Milo is the singer of a punk rock band called the Descendents. He is the one with the glasses. Besides being punk rock he has a pd.D in biochemistry. I don't know how our little one would feel about being named after him?



We also liked the name Marlow but now I'm not so sure about that one. What to do what do to?

No comments:

Post a Comment