Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Hello Meltdown

We officially had our first major meltdown today. Obviously Olive cries but she never really melts down. I've always been able to calm her down if I bounce on the ball and usually there is a reason. It never really lasts long either but today was like nothing I've ever experienced. I fed her, she burped and then all of a sudden she just started screaming and there were full on tears. Those don't come out that often so I knew it was something. I did everything in the world to calm her from holding her in a million positions to bouncing on the ball. I even gave her my boob again and nothing was working. It was the saddest thing in the world. I felt so helpless. After about a good hour we went into the bathroom and I laid her on the counter. I had tried that earlier but this time it actually worked and she calmed down and we talked and sang songs. My mom calls that her happy place cause she loves it in there. I think cause the lights are really bright in the ceiling and there is a little space heater so its cozy. I'm pretty sure her legs (from the shots) were just sore but I'm so glad it passed cause it was awful. I never want to experience that again. I honestly don't know how people deal with a colicky baby (sorry mom) that cries all day. Lets hope that was the last of the meltdowns for awhile.

This is Olive before the meltdown feeling icky from shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment