Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mammoth

Just watching the snow falling and Olive sleeping. I've been looking forward to Mammoth for months now. I love being up here even if this year is a bit different. Most of our days up here are usually pretty lazy, lots of movie watching and game playing. I especially love to snowboard and sled too. This year with Olive its a lot of holding her, feeding, playing on the floor, feeding, and over and over again. It doesn't leave much time for movies or snowboarding. I love having her experience the mountains even if she won't remember any of it. I guess it won't be much of a vacation since we're on constant baby watch but it sure is nice to be up here watching the snow fall and being with the family.I was a little worried about the drive. Its about 5 hours or so and I knew that meant stopping a few times to feed her and changing diapers. She slept most of the time and would wake up to eat around 2 or 3 hours. I've gotten pretty good about feeding her in the car so it worked out totally fine. Since the car was packed full of shit the only option was changing her on the front seat. She kept sliding around so it was pretty interesting but it worked out. She got a bit grumpy the last 45 min but really not too bad. I was worried about the altitude since our house is around 8000 feet and it effects us so it would surely affect her. I just know that I get extra thirsty the first day or two so I'm just following her lead and she seems to want to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours. Same with night. The first night she was up every 3 hours or so which I kinda expected. I know that I wake myself up to get water so it makes sense. Last night she only got up twice and I imagine as the week goes on and she gets used to the altitude she will adjust.
We took her into the village yesterday and walked around for a bit. She was so cute and bundled up in her snow outfit and in moby so I'm sure she was pretty toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment